Healing Hearts Centre: Psychotherapy Services in Newmarket
Patzia Gonzalez at Healing Hearts Centre in Newmarket offers psychotherapy services that are intended to help people deal with life issues such as depression, anxiety attacks, grief, chronic illness, trauma, and work/life balance, to name a few. As a licensed psychotherapist, Patzia Gonzalez takes a holistic approach to psychotherapy services, using proven methods matched to your individual needs. Patricia practices Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) also known as Tapping, Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT), and Gestalt Therapy.
What Exactly Are Psychotherapy Services?
The American Psychiatric Association defines psychotherapy as “talk therapy”. Sessions can be one-on-one with a psychotherapist or include a couple, or group and a psychotherapist. Sessions are typically 50 minutes long, with the therapist using 10 minutes to record your session. Patients who seek psychotherapy services through Patzia Gonzalez at Healing Hearts Centre in Newmarket vary in length, from short-term (a few sessions) to long-term (months or years). It is estimated that about 75% of people who enter psychotherapy services find it beneficial.
Our goal is to help individuals in Newmarket understand and work through their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in order to improve their overall well-being and functioning. Techniques used in psychotherapy can include cognitive-behavioral therapy, talk therapy, and other evidence-based treatments. It can be done on individual or group basis.
What is Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)?
As an evidence-based self-help therapeutic method Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a relatively new type of psychotherapy service. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is similar to acupuncture. This is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments for over five thousand years, but without the invasiveness of needles.Instead of needles though, a practitioner uses fingertips tapping to relieve pressure and encourage and balance positive energy flow in one’s body. EFT is also known as “tapping” and typically involves the following 5 steps:
- Identify the issue To be the most effective, the patient’s issue, fear or problem is identified. The more honestly and precisely that the problem is identified generally leads to a better outcome.
- Test the initial intensity This involves establishing benchmarks on a scale of 0-10. Measurements are taken before and after tapping to determine the effectiveness of your treatment.
- The setup Patients acknowledge their issue and accept themselves completely during this step. One problem is worked on at a time, and the patient only speaks of themselves, not others. The common setup phrase is: “Even though I have this [fear or problem], I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- EFT tapping sequence Strategic parts of the patient’s body known as meridians are tapped rhythmically, beginning at the top of their head and moving down their body. 9 points are targeted, with the majority being on the patient’s head or face. The setup phrase is also repeated by the patient during the tapping sequence.
- Test the final intensity The intensity is determined again, and treatments continue until the level reaches 0.
Is Emotional Freedom Techniques Effective as a
Psychotherapy Service In Newmarket?
There have been numerous studies regarding the effectiveness of tapping as a psychotherapy service, and results are encouraging. As a treatment for anxiety and depression, tapping seems to be quite effective as a remedy for anxiety, depression, and cravings. The National Center for Biotechnology Information summarized studies as seeing improvement in 90% of patients who received acupoint tapping therapy compared to 63% of the CBT participants. Complete relief of symptoms was seen in 76% of people in the acupoint taping group compared with 51% of people in the CBT group.
The effectiveness of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is still a topic of debate in the scientific community and more research is needed to support its effectiveness. Some studies have found that EFT may be effective in reducing symptoms of psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and phobias, as well as reducing physical pain. However, other studies have not found significant benefits of EFT compared to other forms of treatment or to a placebo control group.
Book Your Psychotherapy Appointment Today
Take the first step towards improving your mental well-being by booking your psychotherapy appointment today. Our experienced therapists will work with you to understand your unique needs and develop a personalized treatment plan. Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues, our goal is to help you achieve a happier, healthier life. Don’t wait, book your appointment now and start your journey to recovery.
Patzia is ready to help you begin healing your anxiety, depression, or other mental pain when you are. She offers Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) also known as Tapping, Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT), and Gestalt Therapy.